Intermediate Java Developer
OPES Software is actively looking for candidates with a dynamic and positive attitude to join our team. We are looking for an Intermediate JAVA Developer to help us execute on our company’s business mission through evolution of our current product offerings and the development and deployment of the company’s new products launches.
The selected candidate will analyze, design, develop, test, document and support different applications written in Java.
The ideal candidate must have experience with the following languages/technologies:
- Good knowledge and experience using Spring
- Good knowledge and experience using Hibernate
- Good knowledge and experience developing MVC web applications and JSPs
- Good knowledge and experience using HTML / CSS, Ajax, JQuery, and XML
- Unit Testing – Junit
- Build automation – Maven
- Knowledge of JMS (an asset)
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills; written and spoken French and English
- Knowledge of the brokerage and finance industries (an asset)
- Customer oriented
- Possesses excellent problem solving skills
- Results oriented
- Able to work independently
- Willing to learn new technologies
Everyone on the OPES team plays an equal role. My role is to create the wave and everyone on our team keeps the wave going.